4it Provides Ebsary Foundation Company’s Outsourced IT Department
Ebsary Foundation Company is a heavy marine civil contractor. They manage Florida construction projects including bridges, water superstructures, seawalls, water stations, and deep foundation work.
With more than a hundred employees, Ebsary Foundation Company relies heavily on its IT systems to keep them connected, productive, and secure. For more than two decades, they have trusted 4it to take care of their IT.
Download our complete client success story here
4it Delivers Fast & Effective IT Support
“If we have any issues, we can call the help desk, and if we need to order machines or software, they are the ones that we would go to,” says Yvette Aubin, CFO, Ebsary Foundation Company. “They are our IT department.”
Like any organization, Ebsary Foundation Company is immediately affected by problems with its IT. It’s such a crucial part of their operations that even a small problem or occasional lag can have considerable consequences. That’s why they need quick and effective support from their IT company, which is exactly what they get from 4it.
“I have an account manager that I deal with directly, and it’s very helpful that there’s some personal relationship there,” says Yvette. “We’re not just a number — they understand how we operate.”
The Ebsary staff knows they can rely on the 4it team for support. When they encounter an issue, they get in touch with us and get a response right away, helping to limit downtime and interruptions to their productivity.
“If I have a critical issue, my account manager is the one I reach out to,” says Yvette.
4it Provides Expert Assistance With IT Strategy And Planning
As important as IT strategy is, it’s often an afterthought at best. Not everyone has the time and resources to plan their IT in advance. That’s another reason Ebsary Foundation Company values 4it’s support — they help them avoid inconsistencies in their IT budgeting.
“As far as budget, I’m never surprised,” says Yvette. “I always know what’s coming down the pike.”
Although 93% of surveyed businesses recognize that IT is strategically and operationally critical (Wakefield Research), very few are doing anything to properly plan their IT — a third of those surveyed said that less than 10% of their strategic planning was about IT.
By planning ahead with 4it’s help, Ebsary Foundation Company can budget their IT more accurately, and avoid issues that stem from out-of-date systems. Yvette meets with their 4it account manager every other week to stay on top of current and upcoming projects.
“We go over current projects, upcoming projects, any issues that are coming up in the next year, any software licenses that are expiring, so we can evaluate what we are going to do to renew or change,” says Yvette.
4it Delivers Robust Cybersecurity Services And Support
Nearly a decade ago, Ebsary Foundation Company was hit with a ransomware attack. While this type of threat is commonplace today, at the time, it was a relatively new attack vector for cybercriminals and had the potential to do a lot of damage to Ebsary Foundation Company.
As an active organization, Ebsary Foundation Company can’t afford to put up with the disruption and damage posed by a ransomware attack. Fortunately, they had 4it on their side.
Working quickly, the 4it team analyzed Ebsary’s systems to determine the source of the ransomware attack, and how best to respond to it:
- We sent additional staff on-site to evaluate the state of their IT systems
- We determined how the virus infiltrated their system so that it could be prevented in the future
- We secured all files that had not yet been infected by ransomware
“We were able to get back online in four hours,” says Yvette. “Considering that we have a lot of data, that’s not bad.”
4it Offers Extensive IT Expertise
Companies that manage their IT internally may value the control and oversight they have in that arrangement, but the expenses can quickly add up. Furthermore, if anything happens with that internal staff, it’s up to them to fix the problem.
That’s why businesses like Ebsary Foundation Company choose to outsource with 4it. When you outsource your IT support, you don’t have to pay the following costs:
- Employee Expenses: An in-house IT team can cost a lot to have on staff. To be effective, IT service and support require up-to-date skills and expertise.
- Benefits, Sick Leave, Vacation Costs: There are additional expenses on top of the salary to consider. For example, holidays, and the coverage needed while a network administrator is away. When you consider all of this, just one IT staff member can cost even more than a standard salary.
- Ongoing Training and Certifications: With cybercrime and other threats to your business, you must ensure your IT staff is trained on the latest cybersecurity tactics. In addition, software, hardware, and cloud solutions are constantly evolving.
- To provide the most cost-effective IT solutions, your IT personnel should attend vendor training and stay up on certifications that expire. These training and certification expenses can really mount up and may involve travel expenses as well.
“I know I would be spending a lot more on somebody in-house,” says Yvette. “They have an entire team, so if one person can’t figure it out, they can escalate it to someone else. They offer different levels of experience.”
By partnering with 4it, Ebsary Foundation Company doesn’t need to invest time or money in managing an internal team. For a monthly rate, Ebsary Foundation Company gets a complete IT team, without having to worry about training or managing them.
“They’re very responsive, they solve problems within a reasonable amount of time,” says Yvette. “I haven’t had any complaints from my staff.”