Why Work With 4it When You Already Have An Internal IT Team?
Is your IT staff out of their depth when it comes to certain aspects of your IT environment?
That’s understandable. If you have a team of four or five people, do you really think they can be experts in support, cybersecurity, engineering, infrastructure design and maintenance, and the many other types of work included in IT?
Your internal IT team can’t do everything, but that doesn’t mean you have to hire more people. Instead, you can augment their capabilities with 4IT co-managed IT services.
What Is Co-Managed IT?
Co-managed IT services allow businesses and their IT teams to take advantage of the expertise and skill of a team of outsourced IT specialists when needed, and without paying expensive salaries or benefits.
Co-managed IT does not replace your internal team—it adds to it. You’ll have the people and IT support you need when technology problems crop up that no one else can resolve or handle.
Why Should You Add 4it To Your Internal IT Team’s Capabilities?
- Human Backup: With only internal IT staff, your organization is highly vulnerable to gaps in personnel continuity. This is a particular problem for smaller IT departments as the loss of a key engineer or manager on your internal IT team will almost certainly affect your maintenance and management processes. Without comprehensive documentation of your IT environment and how it is managed, your remaining staff members won’t be able to fill in until another engineer is hired. And that’s assuming that other members of your IT team don’t leave along with the departing employee — we see this happen quite often when the outgoing employee is a senior engineer or manager. However, if you have 4it as a part of your IT team, you’re protected against these types of gaps in your staff. No matter who leaves your internal IT team, you can rely on 4it to maintain a complete set of documentation and keep everything running smoothly while you recruit, hire and train new staff.
- Increased Capacity: As most IT directors will attest to, there is never any shortage of work in the IT department of a growing organization. At any given time, there are usually multiple IT projects going on that are key to the future operation and efficiency of the organization. Quite often, existing IT staff members are drafted to work on these projects as they know the most about the organization’s Line of Business applications and user base. This can create a conflict of interest for those staff members who may also have other IT maintenance and management responsibilities and potentially create burn-out of internal IT staff. However, if you have 4it as a part of your IT team, our service staff can take over those maintenance and support tasks on-demand while internal IT staff members handle project work.
- Second Opinions: An external partner like 4it provides you with an invaluable perspective of the state of your IT systems. The fact is that you don’t know what you don’t know. Your IT team may be so close to the systems and processes they oversee that they may not be able to spot a critical risk item or potential service issue. We help address this in two ways:
- We ensure that you properly document everything in terms of your IT in order to maintain continuity, no matter what type of employee turnover there is.
- We provide an expert second opinion on the state of your IT, helping you determine what is optimized and what isn’t. We will help you address the gaps in your management, maintenance, and continuity.
4it Offers Perspective, Resources, And Expertise
An internal person or team can only offer so much in terms of availability, time, and skill sets. You might have the most talented IT team in the world and they will still be limited in what they can do.
It’s not your fault and it’s not their fault; it’s just the reality of IT services in an increasingly complex and tech-dependent world—comprehensive and end-to-end internal support is extremely difficult to arrange.
The fact is that your IT team just handles your company. 4it works with dozens of other organizations, which allows us to maintain the resources you need, which you can access with an economy of scale.
Get in touch with us to access the additional IT capabilities your internal IT team needs.